Wednesday 1 October 2014

Help with perspective drawing.

As I am not a very good environment/architecture artist (I'm much better at character design and that sort of thing) I have been struggling to draw calvino's cities in any kind of detail outside of the abstract thumbnails that I have already produced.

A way I can up with recently to try and give me an idea of how these images would be laid out and the way I should be drawing them I decided to use a game that I have been around for many years to give me some examples that I can draw from and attain a good idea of how these areas should be created.

This morning I went around the in game world in "World of Warcraft" and took around 150 screenshots of the different cities and environments that are available. Each screenshot is taken from different angels and depths so I can have something interesting to try and thumbnail quickly and sort of accuratly.

I will include the link to the Imgur gallery with all of my screen shots if anyone else wants to try and draw from them or wants to use them to inspire there own work;
http://imgur.com/a/Vn8Vc#0

Now here are the thumbnails that I produced from some of these images and calvino's cities as inspiration.





1 comment: